• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

I got blanked when I tried to tell my girlfriend about an incident..

Okay..here it is. There was a gang fight happened at my house area. They had destroyed/spoiled/damaged( please tell me which word to use) 5 cars at my house area. Those cars' owners are not related in the case. They are just innocent people. All windows had broken. When I going to tell my girlfriend about it (I'm a Chinese Education/educated and she is an English education/educated, so we communicate with English) I don't know how to tell her.

Me: You know what? There was a gang fight at my area last night.
    She: Tell me about it.
    Me: Urm.... Bunch of Indian guys...broken...few innocent people cars windows.

My girlfriend knows me well so she can understand what I'm trying to say. I feel embarrassed, I want to improve my English level.. So please, tell me.

Thank you..

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Re: I got blanked when I tried to tell my girlfriend about an incident..

erm..nobody?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: I got blanked when I tried to tell my girlfriend about an incident..

Quote Originally Posted by ahmin92 View Post
    Okay, here it is. There was a gang fight happened at my house area.A gang had a fight near my house/in my neighbourhood. They had destroyed/spoiled/damaged 5 cars at my house areanear my house. Those cars' owners are not related in the case to the fight. They are just innocent people. All the windows had were broken. When I going I want to tell my girlfriend about it (I'm a Chinese Education/educated Chinese-educated and she is an English education/educated English-educated (or simply "I am Chinese and she is English), so we communicate with in English) but I don't know how to tell her.

Me: You know what? There was a gang fight at in my area last night.
    SheGirlfriend: Tell me about it.
    Me: Urm.... Bunch of Indian guys...broken...few innocent people cars windows. A group of Indian guys had a fight and broke all the windows of five cars belonging to people who had nothing to do with the fight.

My girlfriend knows me well so she can understand what I'm trying to say. I feel embarrassed, I want to improve my English level. So please, tell please help me.

Thank you.
    Firstly, please be patient. Chasing us for a reply after only a couple of hours is not a good thing to do. We are busy, we are all volunteers and many of us work during the day (and sleep at night!)

If she's your girlfriend, there should be no reason to be embarrassed. She knows you're not a native English speaker and I think you can fully expect her to either ignore your errors, or correct them nicely. However, my suggestions are above in red (to both the conversation and to your post).

Please remember that one full stop is sufficient at the end of a sentence. You connect far too many parts of sentences with " ... " and it is not appropriate.

PS - In your title, you used "I got blanked". This is a rather informal term for "I was ignored". I think you meant "I go blank" meaning "I cannot think of the right words".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.