Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello, I am writing an email to a professor for a request to work with him (volunteer). Is it possible if someone can help me edit my letter and also have some tips for me for instance, what to add or remove? I really appreciate this!

----------------------------

Hello, Professor Gage

My name is Andrew, I am a 4th year Kinesiology student. I have taken Biomechanics with you and Professor Moore. I was wondering if you have any opportunity for me to volunteer next year fall and winter term. Since, I am only taking 2-3 courses next year so I am free most of the days.

Thanks for reading my message.
- Andrew

-------------------

Kakashiprince

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello, Professor Gage

My name is Andrew, I am a 4th year Kinesiology student. I have taken Biomechanics with you and Professor Moore. I was wondering if you have any opportunity for me to volunteer next year fall and winter term. Since, I am only taking 2-3 courses next year so I am free most of the days.
My name is Andrew Smith, I am a fourth year Kinesiology student. You may remember that I took a class in Biomechanics from you and Professor Moore (enter when this class was). I would like to volunteer to (what do you want to volunteer for?) during next year's fall and winter terms. My proposed schedule will only consist of two or three courses next year, so I will be available most of the time.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

- Andrew

thank you so much, do you think I should talk about his "research" and how it interest me.... or does it sound like I'm sucking up to the prof?

And also, should I add in more experiences? like volunteer in the hospital?

Letter:
July 08, 2012

My name is Andrew Smith, I am a fourth year Kinesiology student. You may not remember me but I took a class in Biomechanics with you and Professor Moore in 2010-2011. I would like to volunteer in your lab during next year's fall and winter terms. My proposed schedule will only consist of two or three courses next year, so I will be available most of the time.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

- Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.