Please take a look at my application to become a translator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lo2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Denmark
Current Location
Denmark
Hi there

First of all I would like to say that I Chess.com is the best chess site around. It has both got terrific training tools, great articles on different aspects of the game and it is an excellent news source, to keep you updated on what is happening in the world of chess. The fact that Chess.com is such a great and dedicated site is why I would like to participate in improving it, by making it accessible in my native language - Danish. Chess is quite popular here in Denmark, and we can boast of great chess legends as for instance Bent Larsen, who almost made it all the way to the World Championship Match.

Also I think my English is good enough for me to translate precisely and efficiently from English to Danish. I have had English classes throughout elementary school and high school, in high school I chose to have English A level (the highest level you can choose in high school). I am currently studying pharmacy at the University of Copenhagen, where I am using English on a daily basis both to communicate with foreign students or staff and to read my textbooks, all of which are in English. Last but not least I watch a lot of English-language television examples of this include: msnbc in particular the shows Morning Joe and The Daily Rundown, CBS News where I watch Face the Nation every week and Channel4News where I watch the pieces from their daily newscast I find of most interest.

So what do you think of it? And do you have any suggestions for improvements?

Constructive feedback would be most appreciated!

lo2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Denmark
Current Location
Denmark
Could someone please take a look at this, I have to hand it in at the end of this very day!

I would be more than happy if someone would! :)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi there

I believe Chess.com is the best chess site around. It has both terrific training tools and great articles on different aspects of the game, and it is an excellent news source to keep you updated on what is happening in the world of chess. Because Chess.com is such a great site, I would like to participate in expanding it by making it accessible in my native language, Danish. Chess is quite popular here in Denmark, and we can boast of great chess legends such as Bent Larsen, who almost made it all the way to the World Championship Match.

I have had English classes throughout elementary school and high school, studying at the highest level you can choose, and have confidence that I can translate precisely and efficiently from English to Danish. I am currently studying pharmacy at the University of Copenhagen, where I am using English on a daily basis both to communicate with foreign students or staff and to read my textbooks, all of which are in English.

So what do you think of it? And do you have any suggestions for improvements?

Constructive feedback would be most appreciated!

Please take a look at my changes. You are welcome to accept or ignore any of them. Good luck.

lo2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Denmark
Current Location
Denmark
Hey thanks a lot for the feedback, I will defiantly use some of your proposed changes! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.