[Grammar] Does this sentence make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakashiprince

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I trying to make a sentence sound "professional" and "complex"...and some of my friends said it makes sense and the others don't

What do you guys think:

"The similarities approach and the differences approach are both intertwined with each other; for that reason, these principles are knit together to form the fabric of our society."

(I use the term "knit" and "fabric" purposely...)

Thanks for reading my post
- Kakashiprince

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Similarities and differences don't intertwine, nor are they principles. I can't say it makes sense.

The similarities and differences in the approach to ... ? to what?

Kakashiprince

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Similarities approach mentions that both females and males have similar behaviours and any variations are a creation of our society which is labelled as, social construction. For instance, both men and women present similar emotional behaviours however; women express their feelings publicly whereas men tend to hide their emotions so that the societal masculinity can be preserved.

The difference approach claims that females and males are different because of the biological-based evidence. For example, women nurture and care for their children more than men due to their own instinctive nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.