Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. mohammad

    study board

    Hi, everybody

    Is “study board” the same as “the faculty” in terms of meaning?
    (If there are any synonyms let me know)


  2. #2

    Red face Re: study board

    Hi Mohammad,
    Not too sure of 'study board', but I am aware of 'board of study', which is a group of teachers/academics/professors who decide on the outline and grading of a specific course, for example - civil engineering with French, or civil engineering with commerce.
    A faculty, in UK terms, can be quite broad - the faculty of Arts can include 'English Studies', 'Japanese', 'Religious Studies', etc, and each of these are faculties within their own rights.
    Many universities employ their own terms, so this is not a definitive answer.

    I hope this is of some help,

Similar Threads

  1. study vs research
    By Tombraiders in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-Mar-2009, 01:34
  2. My english study plan...
    By coolrains in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-Jul-2007, 12:40
  3. I can't study alone. Can you help me?
    By Ebrahim Koohi in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-Mar-2005, 10:24
  4. please help me to correct my proposed study program
    By ching5 in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-Jan-2005, 10:13
  5. Informative Abstract
    By bmbsa in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-Mar-2004, 14:59


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts