• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

A Request From All

Hi to you all,
    I am really sorry to write too much about Emma in this forum but I must know the meanings. I love to find it my self but it is not an easy task and to be sincere I have no time for it because it is a project for me. I am supposed to be a translator in future; however, I have some problems in interpreting this novel, Emma by Jane Austen. I love to transalte literature, stories and novels. The deadline for me is about a 5 days. I translate it once but not a good one. I try to find the logical relation between sentences to create a good translation. I need you my new friend. Please be patient and never get angry of my so many post about "Emma and her story". Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely yours,
    Oliver

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: A Request From All

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver_Twist View Post
    Hi to you all,
    I am really sorry to write that I have been writing too so much about "Emma" in this forum but I must know the meanings. I would love to find it my self on my own but it is not an easy task and to be sincere honest, I have no time for it because it is a project for me (I don't understand what you mean by this. If this is your project then it is important for you to find the time to do it). I am supposed to be a translator in future (you are supposed to be? Do you mean you want to be a translator? Someone else thinks that you should be a translator?); however, I have some problems in interpreting this novel, "Emma" by Jane Austen. I love to transalte translate literature, stories and novels. The deadline for me is about a 5 days. I translated it once but not a good one very well. I try to find the logical relation between sentences to create a good translation. I need you my new friend. Please be patient and never get angry of my so many with me for all my posts about "Emma and her story". Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely yours,
    Oliver
    No-one is angry with you for wanting to understand the book well. We only become frustrated when people post too many questions in one thread or appear to want us to translate every word of every sentence.

I don't often suggest the following, but in this instance I think it would have been a good idea for you to read the novel in your own native language so that you get a very good grasp of the storyline and, in some cases, you would have been able to see an exact translation of a whole sentence.

I see that you plan to be a translator in the future. Your own English will need to improve before this is possible, as you can see by the corrections/amendments I have made to your post in red.

Your title should have been "A request for all" or "A request to all of you", not "from".
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 14-Jul-2012 at 23:32. Reason: Missed a bit!
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.