Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Oman
Current Location
Oman
please I want an answer for this question from the CELTA application form I answered all the questions accept this one:

3.2 In the following extract from the New Zealand Listener, the writer compares New Zealanders who travel overseas for a holiday with those who stay at home. A lot of the vocabulary used in this excerpt is very colourful. Rewrite the excerpt and change the vocabulary so that the tone of the article becomes more neutral. Write your answer in the space provided below.

Those of us who spurn the delights of palm trees or Castlemaine and instead fire up the saloon and charge off down the road for our holidays will have noticed the change. The sea of tents now looks more like a bazaar. And, although the hold-up far ahead on state highway 1 will probably be someone carting their home on wheels, it is less likely to be the McLeans’ or Phillips’ old Zephyr or Classic caravan than a CI Motorhome.”

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
please I want an answer for this question from the CELTA application form I answered all the questions accept this one:

Those of us who spurn the delights of palm trees or Castlemaine and instead fire up the saloon and charge off down the road for our holidays will have noticed the change. The sea of tents now looks more like a bazaar. And, although the hold-up far ahead on state highway 1 will probably be someone carting their home on wheels, it is less likely to be the McLeans’ or Phillips’ old Zephyr or Classic caravan than a CI Motorhome.”

We can't do your work for you.

amooona

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Oman
Current Location
Oman
okay I want you to check it for me if it is ok :
This is my answer:
Those of us who spurn the delight of palm trees or castellated and instead fire up the saloon and charge off down the road for our holidays will have noticed the change. The scene of tents now looks more like a bazaar. And, although the hold-up far ahead on state highway I will probably be someone cart their home on wheels, it is less likely to be the Mccarthyism or philippic old zeppelin or classic car than a CI Motorboat.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
okay I want you to check it for me if it is ok :
This is my answer:
Those of us who spurn the delight of palm trees or castellated and instead fire up the saloon and charge off down the road for our holidays will have noticed the change. The scene of tents now looks more like a bazaar. And, although the hold-up far ahead on state highway I will probably be someone cart their home on wheels, it is less likely to be the Mccarthyism or philippic old zeppelin or classic car than a CI Motorboat.

What are you supposed to be doing with this text?

Status
Not open for further replies.