Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Does "in accommodation with" and "in accommodation to" mean "cooperation" and "suitable" repectively in the following sentences?

Living in accommodation with other students can give you a great start at university.

This new service is provided to offer additional choices in accommodation to students studying, or enrolling to study, at the Hobart and Launceston campuses.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Try definition 1 here.

In fact, a lot of the questions you have been posting about 'accommodation' could be answered by looking up the word in several of the dictionaries here.

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Does "in accommodation with" and "in accommodation to" mean "cooperation" and "suitable" repectively in the following sentences?

Living in accommodation with other students can give you a great start at university.

This new service is provided to offer additional choices in accommodation to students studying, or enrolling to study, at the Hobart and Launceston campuses.

Hello, Shamisiyan.:-D
I think you are misreading those sentences.
"in accommodation with..." and "in accommodation to..." do look like fixed phrases.
However, they are not.

Living / in accommodation / with other students / can give you a great start at university.

This new service is provided / to offer(=give) additional choices in(=about) accommodation / to students studying, or enrolling to study...

Do you see what I mean?

Shamsiyan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello, Shamisiyan.:-D
I think you are misreading those sentences.
"in accommodation with..." and "in accommodation to..." do look like fixed phrases.
However, they are not.

Living / in accommodation / with other students / can give you a great start at university.

This new service is provided / to offer(=give) additional choices in(=about) accommodation / to students studying, or enrolling to study...

Do you see what I mean?

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.