classification or Comparison and contrast paragraph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skystar30097

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I doubt between two options. would you helo me?
Is this classification or Comparison and contrast paragraph?

What is the type of the following paragraph?Fiction, like food, is of different nutritive values. Some is rich in protein and vitamins; it buildsbone and sinew. Some is highly agreeable to the taste but not permanently sustaining. Some maybe adulterated and actually harmful to our health. Escape fiction is of the latter two sorts. Theharmless kind bears frankly on the face of it what it is. It pretends to be nothing else than pleasantdiversion and never asks to be taken seriously. The second kind masquerades under theappearance of interpretation. It pretends to give a faithful treatment of life as it is, perhaps eventhinks that it does so, but through its shallowness it subtly falsifies life in every line. Such fiction,taken seriously and without corrective, may give us false notions of reality and lead us to e0pectfrom e0perience what e0perience does not provide.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Very generally, a comparison finds ways things are smiliar and a contrast finds ways they are different. With that in mind, what do you think?

skystar30097

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I think this is a comparison paragraph. Then you don't think it be classification. Am I right?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I misread your question -I thought you had asked if the classification of the paragraph was a contrast paragraph or a comparison paragratph. To be honest, I don't have a definition for a classification paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.