Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi All,

Please make the correction in the following paragraph below

-------------------
Me and My baby bonding
I hardly felt doing yoga by myself all alone at home. May be being a yoga instructor I always had a good stretch while teaching my yoga classes. But being on maternity leave for three months, I couldn’t resist starting my yoga soon after the birth of my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] child, a cute baby girl. She was five weeks old when I return to my yoga mat at home alone. In the beginning I found somewhat manageable as my daughter was napping more than four hours in a row. But soon this schedule changed to more feeding time, diaper change and doctor’s visits for vaccinations. I had many must to-do-list every day. Whenever she was awake, she needed me in front of her. That means just entertaining my daughter full time without anything in return. It became so hard to catch on my mat. Seeing no escape from this I started playing with her while doing a few of yoga postures like Vajrasana, wide angle pose or Bhadhakona asna. I could still interact with my baby without any discomfort to her. I realized that a few stretches were better than no stretch. Slowly I stared doing many more yoga poses while playing with my daughter. I could rub my mouth on my daughter’s tiny limbs while holding the chaturangasana. I could swing my daughter on my knees while doing pawan mukta asana. She was laughing as if she was participating in a game. Simply lifting her way up with arm stretch were so good for my biceps and triceps and fun for my daughter. I added kisses to my arm stretch to make this more enjoyable to my daughter. Though, sometimes my daughter didn’t like a few of the poses. So I did modifications in those poses according to her need. There were a few poses that she wanted me to repeat it over again and again like giving her bumps while in squat position. I also learned that she never allowed me to be with my mat whenever she was either not fed or slept properly. So I started doing yoga every day the same time exactly after her morning nap flowed by her feeding time. Soon this mom and baby yoga time turned out to be the best time of the day for both of us. Yoga explores me a beautiful opportunity for bonding with my daughter.
---------------------

Thanks in advance
Gauri

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi All,

Please make the correction in the following paragraph below

-------------------
Me and My baby bonding
I hardly felt like doing yoga by myself all alone at home. Maybe being a yoga instructor I always had a good stretch while teaching my yoga classes. But being on maternity leave for three months, I couldn’t resist starting my yoga soon after the birth of my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] child, a cute baby girl. She was five weeks old when I returned to my yoga mat at home alone.

In the beginning I found it somewhat manageable as my daughter was napping more than four hours [STRIKE]in a row[/STRIKE] at a time. But soon this schedule changed to more feeding time, diaper change and doctor’s visits for vaccinations. I had many must do-tasks every day. Whenever she was awake, she needed me[STRIKE] in front of [/STRIKE] to be with her. That [STRIKE]means[/STRIKE] meant just entertaining [STRIKE]my daughter [/STRIKE] her full time without anything in return. It became so hard to catch (?) on my mat. Seeing no escape from this, I started playing with her while doing a few of the yoga postures like Vajrasana, wide angle pose or Bhadhakona asna. I could still interact with my baby without any discomfort to her. I realized that a few stretches were better than no stretch. Slowly, I stared doing many more yoga poses while playing with my daughter. I could rub my mouth on my daughter’s tiny limbs while holding the chaturangasana. I could swing my daughter on my knees while doing pawan mukta asana. She was laughing as if she was participating in a game. Simply lifting her way up with arm stretch were so good for my biceps and triceps and fun for my daughter. I added kisses to my arm stretch to make this more enjoyable [STRIKE]to my daughter[/STRIKE] for her, though sometimes my daughter didn’t like a few of the poses. So I did modifications in those poses according to her need. There were a few poses that she wanted me to repeat[STRIKE] it [/STRIKE] over again and again like giving her bumps while in squat position. I also learned that she never allowed me to be with my mat whenever she was either not fed or had slept properly. So I started doing yoga every day at the same time exactly after her morning nap followed by her feeding time. Soon this mom and baby yoga time turned out to be the best time of the day for both of us. Yoga explores me a beautiful opportunity for bonding with my daughter.
---------------------

Thanks in advance
Gauri

Nice work and personal reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.