Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
What does "information campaigns" mean? I found some links like the following, but I need a simpler definition. The translation is "delivering information", which seems a liberal translation. I feel it's all aspects of communicating information.
Information Campaigns
330-38
ex)While the educational level of tourists is relatively high, facilitating communication and information campaigns, tourists are in an unknown environment when visiting a foreign country...

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi keannu,

IMO, it is "delivering information", but not just that. It usually implies setting up posts where tourists can go and ask if they have any doubt about the city/town, where something worth visiting is, a good/affordable/typical place to eat, hotel addresses, etc. So it's not just printing leaflets for tourists to pick up at the airport, but an organized system, which implies some planning and investment.

charliedeut

Last edited:

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Campaign is a movement, so it seems to mean various activities for information, but still it's not clear to me.

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi keannu,

Maybe this will help you (#2)

charliedeut

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Thanks for your excellent explanation. I was about to ask another question, but I felt I'd better not.
But to be sure, I will. I mistook the meaning of "facilitate" for "promote". "facilitate communication and information campaigns" seems to mean "Since tourists are well-educated, like they can speak good English or are knowledgeable, it's easier to communicate with them and deliver all kinds of informaton strategies(campaigns) to them". This is what I understood,
"communication" here just means "to talk with them" not "delivering information to them", right?

ex)While the educational level of tourists is relatively high, facilitating communication and information campaigns, tourists are in an unknown environment when visiting a foreign country. While tourists may learn from repeat visits, there is a considerable danger that, through lack of experience, they may disregard warning signs of impending disaster which the local populationi would tend to heed...

Status
Not open for further replies.