Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Dear Teachers

I am not sure if I should use FROM or OF in the following sentence, and the reason behind. And, should I use THEs in the places underlined. Please advise.

With the very real concerns of the contagion from/of recurring Eurozone debt crisis, China's deceleration and a weekening US recovery, it seems that macro events have become far more important to the short-term performance of US capital markets than fundamental factors since 2008.

Regards

Anthony the learner

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Did you write this sentence yourself in the first place?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear Teachers

I am not sure if I should use FROM or OF in the following sentence, and the reason behind. And, should I use THEs in the places underlined. Please advise.

With [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] very real concerns of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] contagion from[STRIKE]/of[/STRIKE] the recurring Eurozone debt crisis, China's deceleration and a weakening US recovery, it seems that macro events have become far more important to the short-term performance of US capital markets than fundamental factors since 2008.

Regards

Anthony the learner

I have no idea what any of it means, but as far as the articles and prepositions are concerned, I have marked what I would use above. Note the correct spelling of "weakening".

Status
Not open for further replies.