Some people prefer to confide in their friends rather than family. Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaweedwords

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
Some people confide in their friends rather than theirfamily members. Do you?
-In what ways might a friend be more helpful than a familymember?
I agree that people prefer to confide in their friendsrather than family, in fact I do too. Personally, I feel that parents providewith harsher advices, and to the extent, lectures that I am sure many peoplewould not like to hear; while friends give comforting advices that make me feelbetter, even if it is not entirely the truth. An example would be failing anexam. Talking to my friends about it makes me distress, knowing they will bethere to help me and cheer me up. However, if I tell my parents about it, I canguarantee myself a long lecture and a heavy punishment that will onlydemoralise me. Parents are strict because they care, but as the generation gapis far apart, many people especially teenagers, tend to feel distant from theirfamily and feel that they are unable to relate to people who are years older oryounger than themselves. The generation gap also causes teenagers to feel thatparents are boring and have an old fashioned mindset, which discourages themfrom confiding to them even more. Friends on the other hand, are roughly aroundthe same age and will experience the same situation they are going through,which makes them better able to understand and relate to one another easily.
- Family is the basis of society. What is your view on this?
While I agree that friends are a better person to confide to,I believe that family is the basis of society. In a society, no matterschooling, or working, family’s never ending support is essential, and even ifthey have to support us through a series of lectures, it is just a sign of careand concern. Family nurtures us, builds us, and does what is best for us. In afamily, we stick together no matter where we go or what we become. We do notdespise one another for what we do and accept each other for who we are. Argumentsand quarrels are inevitable between siblings and parents, but we bury thehatchet almost immediately with a good laugh at the end. Take an example frommy sister and I; we quarrel, no doubt, but at the end of the day, we are stillgood to go, closer than ever. I have to admit, she annoys me at times, butwithout her at home, I feel rather lonely. Another example would be my cousins. As theyall live aboard, we barely see each other. But through one another, we learnand care about the things that happen to them and once we meet, there is afamiliar bond that is built almost instantly. I cannot deny the fact that friendsare important, but we all will not stay in contact forever. As we grow, our ambitionsgrow, and they are all different. This being the last secondary year for all ofus, we continue our studies into different institutions such as Polytechnics,or Junior Colleges. Even as I miss my friends, even as I love them like I lovemy family, we all separate for a certain reason. While I agree friends areimportant, apart from the closest of all friends, they are, sad to say, onlytemporary, whereas family is forever. In conclusion, family is ultimately thecore, the most important stars of our lives and their love is unconditionally priceless.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Some people confide in their friends rather than theirfamily members. Do you?
-In what ways might a friend be more helpful than a familymember?

I agree that people prefer to confide in their friendsrather than family,
You can't agree to this proposition, since it hasn't been put. This is a bad start.
in fact I do too.

You need to spell check this and put spaces between the words where appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.