• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

• Post Thanks / Like

in-between

What does this "in-between" mean? After you two separate, you will alternate between conversation in person and on-line meeting?

pr76
    ex)Some people still hold on to the notion of travel substitution - that we are going to trade airplane seats for computer screens and we will travel less because we will videoconference more. Absolutely absurd. I have the statistics to back me up. When you talk to someone electronically, if you talk to them long enough, inevitably it leads to a face-to-face meeting. Once you meet face to face, you want to continue the conversation electronically in-between. In fact, if you analyze the statistics, you will see that travel miles and telecommunications minutes have been chasing each other upward for the last half-century. By having more communication and travel options, we make both more convenient - we end up doing more of both.
    Last edited by keannu; 12-Aug-2012 at 00:30.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: in-between

What follows the dots?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: in-between

I added the whole remaining part. At first, I thought the remaining part is not so relevant to grasp the meaning, but it might be important. It always takes my fingers' perseverance to give a context for the answer.