Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hi, i just registered in this amazing forum and i really think that i will find it very useful.
i am a moroccan student in an engineering school and i am likely going to get an internship in england next year and because i never had the opportunity to talk to a native english speaking person (kind of bizarre but that's true) i wish some of you would add me on skype maybe so that they can help me improve my english speaking ability.
thank you. my skype id is : clarck.kent5 .

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, i just registered in this amazing forum and I really think that I will find it very useful.
I am a Moroccan student in an engineering school and I am likely going to get an internship in England next year and because I never had the opportunity to talk to a native English [STRIKE]speaking person[/STRIKE] speaker (kind of bizarre but that's true), I wish some of you would add me on Skype maybe so that [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] you can help me improve my English speaking ability.
Thank you. My skype id is : clarck.kent5 .

Hello skipp, and welcome to the forum.

I can't speak for the other volunteers here but I'm afraid I do not have the time to conduct online live chats with people. In addition, that is the sort of service that most of the teachers charge for as it is a professional service. It's possible you might find a website where it's possible but I don't know of one.

Where are you in Morocco? If you are in a fairly big town/city, I imagine there are some native English speakers living/studying there too. Have you tried advertising in the local university or local paper to say that you would like to meet up with native English speakers for conversation practice? Maybe they would like to practise their Arabic so it would be a good swap. Have you been to your local library to see if there are any social meetups for language practice?

As a side note, if you are possibly going to get an internship in England next year, I recommend you concentrate on your use of capitalisation in your written English. You must start every new sentence with a capital letter, start every proper noun with a capital letter and always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).

Status
Not open for further replies.