Interested in Language
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Dear Teachers,

Kindly help review below two sentences and please give me your advice if they are grammaticle ans using the right words. Kindly advise which one is better, or please give me your kind suggestions if none of them are correct.
1) She resigned from both positions since she could not provide full capability to the Company due to a lot more assignments.
2) The reason for her resignation is because she could not provide full capability to the Company since she has a lot more obligations.

Thank you very much.
Ninth

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
NOT A TEACHER

Since no one has responded to this thread, here are my $0.02. Both sentences don't really work for me. Why is "Company" capitalised? Is the company called "Company"? If not, I don't see any reason to capitalise it.

I would have written it like this: She resigned from both positions because she could not provide her full services to the company due to the large number of other assignments that she had to complete.

I don't know if my sentence really works or not, so your best bet would be to wait for a response from a native speaker and/or teacher.

Last edited:

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
It's 'capitalised', CS!

Ninth

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Dear Chicken Sandwich and tzfujimino,

Thank you very much for your kind suggestions. The reason "Company" is captalised because we mentioned company name at the first paragraph and using "the Company" to refer to name of this company on the later paragraph.

Thank you again for your help.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Change 'capability' to 'commitment' or rephrase the sentence something like this:

'She resigned because she could not commit herself fully to the company due to her many other obligations.'

Capitalise 'company' in its name, but not when mentioning it like this.

Rover

Ninth

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Dear Rover_KE,

Your kind suggestion is very helpful. Thank you very much.

Ninth

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your thanks are appreciated, Ninth, but you don't need to send them in a separate post.

We are all happy to accept a simple click on the Like button as your acknowledgement of our help.

Rover:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.