Student or Learner
Is there a meaning difference between them?
1. I heard them yelling at each other.
2. I heard that they were yelling at each other.
3. I saw them studying English.
4. I saw that they were studying English.
5. I consider them to be good students.
6. I consider they are good students.
7. I thought it as yours.
8. I thought it was yours.
Sentence structures are similar but I think that 1 and 2 are different and 3 and 4 are different in meaning but 5 and 6 are the same and 7 and 8 are the same in meaning. But in my non native English speaker sense, #1,#2 and #3,#4 can be considered to be the same in meaning. What do you think?
Thank you. Now I know the difference between them, referring to dictionaries. In #1. the meaning of hear is listening to something, using ears but in #2, the meaning of hear is being told about information. Thank you so much!!