English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The first is correct.

Please give your threads useful titles. 'Pronunciation of 'Mr'?' would have been good for this.

The Ria

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I am sorry for the title, I can't find titles for my subjects, even when I write a pragragh or an essay, I find difficulty in the title so I think I just need some time and your precious instructions and hints to improve this.
:shock:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's very simple on this forum. When you ask a question, it is usually about a specific word or phrase. Simply make that word or phrase part of your title. As 5jj said "Pronunciation of Mr" would have been good. It helps us to search for threads which we know exist but perhaps can't remember exactly where they were in the forum. If you post ten different questions, all with the title "Pronunciation" (note the correct spelling), we cannot tell them apart without opening them which takes extra time.

Last edited:

The Ria

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
about the "pronunciation" in spelling it wasnot it vain and thanks for the other information:oops:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
About the "pronunciation" in spelling it wasnot it vain and thanks for the other information. :oops:

Check on the definition of "in vain". I don't think it is what you mean. I think you meant "I did not spell "pronunciation" incorrectly on purpose" or something similar.

Remember to start every sentence with a capital letter and end every sentence with the relevant punctuation mark.

The Ria

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Ok I will make sure that I will take care next time.;-)

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
The Ria, may I very politely ask if English is really your native language, as your profile suggests? I'm not saying it's not possible, but you have written a few sentences such as 'Please,Can I have to know what is the correct meaning for the following sentence,' in this thread that hint at the fact that you're maybe not a native speaker. You also do not always use punctuation and capital letters correctly.

Note that the native speakers and/or teachers who post on this forum set an example for learners. Please don't take this the wrong way, and if my assessment is wrong, please let me know.

The Ria

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Being English mother tounge, It isnot.
I have my education in E.L.S., so I think it is my native language.
but I am from Egypt and I think my language standard is not very high as yours, So I attended this website to improve it.
So If you noticed, I made my member type interested in language, as I love and adore English.
About punctuation, teachers give no importance for them, I grew up ignoring them, And if you noticed also, I try to improve it with every thread I post, And I try to think of better titles to, I take in consideration the hints, notes and instructions you write for me. And try to be better.

I hope I didn't annoy you with that, and if so, I am very sorry. :cry:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Being English mother tounge, It isnot.
I have my education in E.L.S., so I think it is my native language.
but I am from Egypt and I think my language standard is not very high as yours, So I attended this website to improve it.
So If you noticed, I made my member type interested in language, as I love and adore English.
About punctuation, teachers give no importance for them, I grew up ignoring them, And if you noticed also, I try to improve it with every thread I post, And I try to think of better titles to, I take in consideration the hints, notes and instructions you write for me. And try to be better.

I hope I didn't annoy you with that, and if so, I am very sorry. :cry:

It's not that it's annoying us, but it is inaccurate. Other learners might look at your profile and see your claim that British English is your native language, and they will assume that what you write in English is correct. That is not fair. Please amend your profile to show your true native language.

The Ria

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Arabic is the language of my country.
But in English, I am more better than Arabic, But If you see that I have to change it to Arabic.
Consider it is done.

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Arabic is the language of my country.
But in English, I am more better than Arabic, But If you see that I have to change it to Arabic.
Consider it is done.

For your information, the 'native language' is the language you spoke when you first learned to speak (Longman). It can be, but it's not always the (official) language of the country you live in and/or the country you were born in. In my case, Russian is my native language, although I'm more proficient in languages that I learnt at a later age. But that is not the point. The point is that Russian is the first language I learnt and that is the reason why it's listed as my 'native language'.

The Ria

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
If So, I speak English all the time, And since my birth, Not all, but the majority in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.