Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
Could you please correct the mistakes below.

1. The Project Planning approval meeting is on 15[SUP]th[/SUP] of September. If you have any requests , completed forms are due to our mail box by 2.00pm on Wednesday the 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] of August.

Please use the new template which can be found on our website and ensure the forms are completed in full. If you have any question or help please contact us via email at help@xx.com

1. Purpose of this meeting to review the planning process and understand the potential risks. Having the developers and testers in this meeting will add more value. So please tell me whom I want to forward the meeting invite to.
  2. My I am working on a 30 million dollar project in the area of service transition.

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi english_learn. Below are some suggestions for you. I have marked suggested deletions with strike-through text, and I have marked suggested insertions with bold, blue text. I have added a few notes in parentheses; those notes should be addressed and then deleted.

I'm from the US so I'll edit that way. You can use the date style you have as well though if you're writing for another country (although check Oxford for proper expression of dates because I don't remember off the top of my head if superscripts are used--I'm guessing they are not).

For your reference, my suggestions are based in Chicago style (and Merriam-Webster Collegiate for spelling).

The Project Planning approval meeting is on [STRIKE]15th of September[/STRIKE] September 15. If you have any requests, completed forms are due to our [STRIKE]mail box[/STRIKE] mailbox by [STRIKE]2.00pm[/STRIKE] 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday [STRIKE]the 22[SUP]nd[/SUP][/STRIKE] August 22.

Please use the new template, which can be found on our website, and ensure that the forms are completed in full. If you have any questions or need help, please contact us via [STRIKE]email[/STRIKE] e-mail at (Note: I had to delete the e-mail address to be able to submit this post, but it should be reinserted in your memo).

1. The [STRIKE]Purpose[/STRIKE] purpose of this meeting is to review the planning process and understand the potential risks (Note: This idea would sound more complete if you said "risks of X."). Having the developers and testers in this meeting will add more value,[STRIKE]. So[/STRIKE] so please tell me [STRIKE]whom[/STRIKE] who [STRIKE]I want to forward[/STRIKE] I should send/you would like me to send (Note: choose one) the meeting invite to.
  2. [STRIKE]My [/STRIKE]I am working on a 30-million-dollar project in the area of service transition. (Note: This idea could probably benefit from a transition. It's not clear if this is a purpose or a topic that will be discussed or something else. Perhaps it is clear to your workers but it would be good form, in my opinion, to lead into this item with some kind of transition to identify the item.)

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
ps I meant to add that those are of course only suggestions. :)

There are certainly other options in most cases, but I have tried to suggest concise and clear wording for you that complies with standard editorial guidelines (and again if you are using British English you might choose to use a different date system, dictionary for spelling references, or word choice. I also believe that Oxford is more lenient about the usage of that and which, but I like to follow APA's guidelines for specificity in that case).

Status
Not open for further replies.