Student or Learner
Could you help me with this test?
1. Peter was so ____at maths at school that he became the
youngest student ever to be accepted by a college.
1 - brilliant 2 - inspired 3 - keen 4 - proud
2. What's done is done. It's ___ wondering what would have
happened if you had passed the exam.
1- inefficient 2 - valueless 3 - futile 4 - helpless
3. Mary has hardly done any ___ this week!
1 - effort 2 -job 3 -work 4 -labour
4. She died after a long_______________.
1 -disease 2 - failing 3 - illness 4 -sickness
5. It is well-known that smoking can do you
1 -damage 2 -danger 3 -harm 4 -trouble
6. I'd like to ____ your attention to this interesting fact.
1 - attract 2 -draw 3 - pay 4 - concentrate
7. I felt a sharp _____ when I put my hand in the boiling water.
1- hurt 2 -pain 3 - ache 4 - harm
This`s the demo of exam in Russia and I`m practising right now.
I was wondering if right answers were
1 - 1; 2 - 4; 3 - 3; 4 - 1; 5 - 1; 6 - 2; 7 - 2;
Then I think 2 - 3 and 4 - 3
And could you explian the difference between anwswers in #5
I`s wondering if I could recommend me excellent tutorial for such king of exersises.
P.S. May I ask you about other parts of this test? And should I open new thread?
Have you already submitted this test?
It would be easier to answer if you put your answer immediately under the question, so we didn't have to look up and down, up and down.
Yes, please start a new thread for new questions.
I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.