[Grammar] Are the sentences correct in both ways? (Passive/Causative)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lepusss

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello,
I would be grateful if somebody could tell me whether the sentences beneath are correct either way.

The following sentences have to be paraphrased into passive/causative form. I am sure that the passive one is correct, but what about the causative? Is it possible to create such a sentence also?

1. original sentence They may forbid you any contact with him before the trial.
passive You may be forbidden any contact with him before the trial.
causative You may have any contact with him forbidden before the trial.

2. original sentence They'll charge me for the repair, of course, but not for the tow, as my membership of the Automobile Club covers me for that.
passive I'll be charged for the repair, of course, but not for the tow, as I am covered for that by my membership of the Automobile Club.
causative I'll be charged for the repair, of course, but not for the tow, as I have it covered by my membership of the Automobile Club.

Thanks.

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Those all look grammatically correct to me. Another option for the passive structure in the first group of sentences would be "Contact with him may be forbidden before the trial," but yours is correct and I'm guessing you're following a pattern of using the "opposite" pronoun so I'd go with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.