• Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

About to go

Dear All,

Please look at the following sentence. So it should come as no surprise to most of us to hear that yet another part of everyday life is (2)........to go for ever.

There are 4 choices - about, almost, ready, tending. The correct one is about.

My question.

Why the option with ready and tendiong is not correct one. Please explain to me the basis of selecting between such choices. Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: About to go

Quote Originally Posted by olegv View Post
    Dear All,

Please look at the following sentence. So it should come as no surprise to most of us to hear that yet another part of everyday life is (2)........to go for ever.

There are 4 choices - about, almost, ready, tending. The correct one is about.

My question.

Why the option with ready and tendiong is not correct one. Please explain to me the basis of selecting between such choices. Thank you.
    What is the context for this?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

Someone once desribed the age we live in as that of a vanishing world, one in which the familiar is constantly disappearing for ever and technological change is often difficult to cope with. So it should come as no surprise to most of us to hear that yet another part of everyday life is (2)........to go for ever.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by olegv View Post
    Someone once desribed the age we live in as that of a vanishing world, one in which the familiar is constantly disappearing for ever and technological change is often difficult to cope with. So it should come as no surprise to most of us to hear that yet another part of everyday life is (2)........to go for ever.
    In that context "about" is the correct answer.