Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Dear All,

Please look at the following sentence. So it should come as no surprise to most of us to hear that yet another part of everyday life is (2)........to go for ever.

There are 4 choices - about, almost, ready, tending. The correct one is about.

My question.

Why the option with ready and tendiong is not correct one. Please explain to me the basis of selecting between such choices. Thank you.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Dear All,

Please look at the following sentence. So it should come as no surprise to most of us to hear that yet another part of everyday life is (2)........to go for ever.

There are 4 choices - about, almost, ready, tending. The correct one is about.

My question.

Why the option with ready and tendiong is not correct one. Please explain to me the basis of selecting between such choices. Thank you.

What is the context for this?

olegv

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Someone once desribed the age we live in as that of a vanishing world, one in which the familiar is constantly disappearing for ever and technological change is often difficult to cope with. So it should come as no surprise to most of us to hear that yet another part of everyday life is (2)........to go for ever.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Someone once desribed the age we live in as that of a vanishing world, one in which the familiar is constantly disappearing for ever and technological change is often difficult to cope with. So it should come as no surprise to most of us to hear that yet another part of everyday life is (2)........to go for ever.

In that context "about" is the correct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.