• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Exclamation Is this correct?

If you were asking your friend a question related to their ethnic background and say:

'Considering your heritage hails from China, do you know about this particular empress'?
    I am concerned about the underlined part. The way I put this, is it accurate? If not please suggest to me a better way to put this using the word hails and as many words from the underlined part?

I would like something very similar to what I have wrote for the underlined part. Please answer asap really in need of a detailed answer that satisfies my needs.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Re: Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by euphoricxox View Post
    I would like something very similar to what I have wrote for the underlined part. Please answer asap really in need of a detailed answer that satisfies my needs.
    Welcome to the forum, euphoricxox.

We like to help when we can, but please remember that the people who respond here are volunteers, trying to help in their free time. Please don't ask for answers 'asap' or for detailed answers that 'satisfy your needs'. We do the best we can without being urged.

Also, please try to give your threads titles that tell us what they are about. 'Your heritage hails from China - Correct?' would have been better for this.
    'Considering your heritage hails from CIhina, do you know about this particular empress'?
    We'd be far more likely to say, "As you are Chinese/from China, ..." or "With your cultural background, ...". I also think that we'd be more likely to follow up with something like "you probably know about this empress".