Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi all,
My name is Raphey, and I’m currently working on an Educational Technology master’s degree at Boise State University. I am conducting a research study looking at the use of technology by independent English language learners. Since this seems to correspond pretty closely to the group of learners using this site, I'm sharing a link to a 5-10 minute survey I created.

To be eligible to participate, you need to meet the following requirements:
• You are a non-native English speaker.
• You are currently aiming to improve some aspect of your English.
• You are not currently taking an English class or private lessons
• You are using English on a regular basis, and your English abilities are at a high intermediate or advanced level

If you are interested in taking the survey, please follow the link at the bottom of this message. Thanks for your help! For those of you who are not eligible to participate but are curious about the survey, feel free to check it out, but please don't finish it, since that would muddy the results. If you are curious about the research, of course I'd also be happy to share results and answer any questions you have.

Raphey

https://boisestate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4IxeNYQk71NGQfP

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi raphey,

I just took the survey. I must tell you I found a problem in it. It's minor, but I think it should be addressed.

Once I filled out the page about my use of technology to learn, I clicked on the "next" button. A sign saying that there were 3 unanswered questions appeared. After checking and re-checking that I had answered all of them, I clicken on the "next" again, and the sign appeared again. At last, I chose the"continue without answering them" (or something similar" option, and completed the survey. But I did find it annoying (and may interfere in the final result of the survey, if the software concludes some questions were unanswered on a regular basis by those taking the survey).

Good luck with your master's degree!,

charliedeut

raphey

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi raphey,

I just took the survey. I must tell you I found a problem in it. It's minor, but I think it should be addressed.

Once I filled out the page about my use of technology to learn, I clicked on the "next" button. A sign saying that there were 3 unanswered questions appeared. After checking and re-checking that I had answered all of them, I clicken on the "next" again, and the sign appeared again. At last, I chose the"continue without answering them" (or something similar" option, and completed the survey. But I did find it annoying (and may interfere in the final result of the survey, if the software concludes some questions were unanswered on a regular basis by those taking the survey).

Good luck with your master's degree!,

charliedeut

Yikes! I found and corrected the problem you discovered. Thank you so much for taking the survey, and thanks for catching that mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.