Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
As an office manager, it is my responsibility to inform you about the facts that negatively affected the in-office work situation and cost the whole company additional expenses. Four months ago the duties of Jess H., one of the executive members, have been reassigned to Ronald A. and Francis D.;and this change caused the work flow in the office to be unbalanced. This created uneven productivity between the two employees that I manage, Rebecca D. and John S. Having been assigned to Sam and Francis D., supported by a part-time administrative assistant, Rebecca’s duties increased considerably after Francis has got half of the Jess’s assignment. It resulted in Rebecca’s twice a month requiring overtime hours that cost the company an additional $600, and her complaining of being tired. In addition, Francis D. has complained to me a few times about the poor quality of Rebecca’s work. On the other hand, after Ronald A., supported by a full-time administrative assistant, took the other part of Jessica’ duties, John’s responsibilities have been reduced. It is proven by the fact that over the last three weeks John has begun taking more than the allotted break times and coming in late a couple times a week. Based on my research, I have developed a plan which, I’m confident, will help rearrange the assignments so that both John S. and Rebecca D. work regularly without requiring overtime and changing the work of the members of the executive teams and of the two administrative assistants. I recommend that John’s duties should be reassigned to Sam D. and Ronald A. while Rebecca will stay with Francis D. The new arrangement will make the work flow smooth and equally balanced.

The solution will ease some of the stress on the employee Rebecca D., who will get enough time to complete the work item, and will help keep John S. busy during his working hours. It is in the best interest of the company to implement this plan of ensuring an effective organization of work and achieving economies. My responsibility as an office manager is to instruct every employee about their duties so that the staff of my office will accomplish their tasks efficiently.

Last edited:

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
As an office manager, it is my responsibility to instruct every employee about their duties so that the staff of my office will accomplish their tasks efficiently. In addition, I am required
to inform you about the facts that negatively affect[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] the in-office work situation and cost the [STRIKE]whole[/STRIKE] company [STRIKE]additional expenses[/STRIKE] unnecessary expense. Four months ago the duties of Jess H., one of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] our executive members,[STRIKE] have [/STRIKE] had been reassigned to Ronald A. and Francis D. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] This change caused the work flow in the office to become unbalanced. This created uneven productivity between the two employees that I manage, Rebecca D. and John S. Having been previously assigned to Sam and Francis D., and supported by a part-time administrative assistant. Rebecca’s duties increased considerably after Francis [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] had got half of the Jess’s assignment. It resulted in Rebecca [STRIKE]’s[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]twice a month [/STRIKE]requiring overtime hours twice monthly that cost the company an additional $600, and her [STRIKE]complaining [/STRIKE] complaints of being tired. In addition, Francis D. has complained to me a few times about the poor quality of Rebecca’s work. On the other hand, after Ronald A., supported by a full-time administrative assistant, took the other part of Jessica’ duties, John’s responsibilities have been reduced. It is proven by the fact that over the last three weeks John has begun taking more than the allotted break time [STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] and coming in late a couple times a week. Based on my research, I have developed a plan which, I’m confident, will help rearrange the assignments so that both John S. and Rebecca D. work regularly without requiring overtime and changing the work of the members of the executive teams and of the two administrative assistants. I recommend that John’s duties should be reassigned to Sam D. and Ronald A. while Rebecca will stay with Francis D. The new arrangement will make the work flow smoothly and become more equally balanced.

The solution will ease some of the stress on the employee Rebecca D., who will get enough time to complete the work item, and will help keep John S. busy during his working hours. It is in the best interest of the company to implement this plan of ensuring an effective organization of work and achieving economies. [STRIKE]My responsibility as an office manager is to instruct every employee about their duties so that the staff of my office will accomplish their tasks efficiently.
[/STRIKE]

Quite a cast of characters in this episode. Reminds me of the movie, Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice. ;-)

Liudmyla

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Thank you for your help!

Liudmyla

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hi,
could you tell which variant is more appropriate for the letter posted above
The fact that Sam and Francis share a part-time administrative assistant is not a good argument in Rebecca's favor. (works against her ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.