[General] please help. point out the mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamransaid

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Dear all

please point out the mistake and correct them. this is an email i had sent to my boss.

"I used the regarding reference is a subject as per your instruction, which you do not preferred me to use any more, shall I used only MRF is a subject or you want me to use specific word to use as a subject? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance & Best Regards"

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
A little more context would help. Without the context, here is one guess (note that I am suggesting some of the changes so that your e-mail is not accidentally misconstrued to be argumentative).

"I apologize for that. Shall I use MRF as the subject or a more specific word?

Thanks in advance and best regards."

If you want a slightly more informal tone, you could change the first sentence to "Sorry about that." It depends a bit on the relationship that you have with your boss and the type of language you tend to use with each other.

If your boss is a native U.S. speaker, I would change Shall to Should.

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Dear all,

Please point out the mistakes and correct them. This is an email I had sent to my boss.

Please use correct capitalization at the beginning of sentences. Also note that you must always capitalize the personal pronoun I.

charliedeut

Last edited by a moderator:

kamransaid

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
A little more context would help. Without the context, here is one guess (note that I am suggesting some of the changes so that your e-mail is not accidentally misconstrued to be argumentative).

"I apologize for that. Shall I use MRF as the subject or a more specific word?

Thanks in advance and best regards."

If you want a slightly more informal tone, you could change the first sentence to "Sorry about that." It depends a bit on the relationship that you have with your boss and the type of language you tend to use with each other.

If your boss is a native U.S. speaker, I would change Shall to Should.

Thanks for replying. Actullay I want to know that where I made mistake in this email which i had already sent to him, my boss is spainish, although he's fine with my poor english but i want to improve my speaking and writing skill. thats it.:)

Thanks again.

kamransaid

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Please use correct capitalization at the beginning of sentences. Also note that you must always capitalize the personal pronoun I.

charliedeut

Okay, I'll take care of it.:)

Regards

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Thanks for replying. Actually I want to know that where I made mistake in this email which I had already sent to him, my boss is Spanish, although he's fine with my poor English but I want to improve my speaking and writing skill. that's it.:)

Thanks again.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear all

Please point out the mistakes and correct them. This is an email I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] sent to my boss.

"I used the [STRIKE]regarding[/STRIKE] reference "[the wording of the reference]" as a subject as per your instruction, [STRIKE]which you do not preferred[/STRIKE]but you have indicated that you do not want me to use it any more. [STRIKE]shall I used only[/STRIKE] Would you like me to use "MRF" as a subject or do you want me to use a specific word? [STRIKE]to use as a subject?[/STRIKE] Please let me know.

Thanks in advance. [STRIKE]& Best Regards

[/STRIKE]

emsr2d2

Status
Not open for further replies.