Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Hello, Could somebody check this version of my cover letter for a job. I know it is very important for employers to not see any grammar mistake and I am sure there are many here;

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to express my great interest in working as Architectural Intern at SWA. I was advised to apply in the firm by my friend and former schoolmate Justin Alfred.

Previously, I worked at the offices of Atec Associates as well as Hollow Space Architects and Nazar Consulting Engineers; local firms back in Middle East. There I worked through the all phases of design development, from pre-design to the construction document phase. For my last project at Atec, I was a part of a team, in charge of developing the schematic design of Kan Valley Public Park project in Tehran, Iran, from pre-schematic phase to renderings and postproduction. There I was collaborating with Mr. Alba who is the project manager of Jamshidieh Park and Koohsangi Park, two of the most famous and successful parks in Iran.

In my academic, after earning bachelor degree in Architecture I started a master degree in Landscape Architecture in Tehran, where we were trained to characterize the city by landscape and empowering the public spaces. After entering US and starting my degree in Architecture I still had the tendency to work in Landscape Architecture area. There I chose Mr. Mark Frederickson as my thesis chair, he was a professor of Landscape Architecture and president of Tejido Group. For the first time He introduced me SWA in order to find great examples of case studies. My Master Thesis project was designing a mixed-used community with a profound observation on project cooperation with the city of Tucson. I earned superior grade in project and you are very welcome to contact Mr. Frederickson as a reference.

Studying Architecture since 2001 and doing more than 2 years full time professional experience in my homeland, I am a young Architect trained to coordinate projects and construction on home units, family housing, cultural, industrial, commercial buildings, urban master plans, public parks, landscape and conservation sites.
My resume and portfolio demonstrate that I have a variety of qualifying skills and abilities compatible with your requirements. Briefly, they are:

• A keen sense of design and aesthetics, enthusiasm to learn and accept New Challenges.
• Strong leadership and communication skills, as exemplified by my peers electing me as Student Association President at Landscape Architecture College at UT.
• Strong design and digital presentation skills in 3ds-Max (Vray and animation), Rhino, Grasshopper, Maya, Google Sketchup, AutoCad, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash professional, Premier, Aftereffescts), eQUEST, COMcheck and Energy 10. I am highly fast at programs mentioned above and talented to learn new softwares and a good leader to manage deadlines.

Comfortable working as part of a team and in a fast-paced environment, I am willing to put in extra hours, and look forward to taking on responsibility as my skills develop and hope that my skills and work ethic could play a role in the ongoing success of SWA. I hope that you will seriously consider my Resume and Portfolio, which provides more details of my qualifications. After reviewing my resume and portfolio, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my application with you and how I can contribute to the ongoing success of your firm. I would also welcome you to contact the references that I have listed on my resume.

Best Regards

Last edited:

moeask

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Though, you've detailed everything I still think that your cover isn't the one that helps you to get a "yes, you're hired " . I think the cover letter should be brief and short for the HR personnel. In the end it's still your right that will reign as found from human rights essays that I've read in my father's book.

thanks for the comment, I was not sure it should be short, all I knew was there must be something wrong other than grammatical problems, right now it is very hard for me to to find the best approach in my applications, you're right this essay is longer than what they can read among tons of letters, I would summarize it. I hope there were not other strategic problems in my letter.
Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.