1. anonymous08

Please help me!

hi im new hir!it's my first time to post in here. dont laugh at me if my grammar is wrong.im not good in writing even in speaking english that's why i joined here and i also want to learn, so im looking forward for your help. and one thing more, please correct my grammar or my sentence if it's wrong.
    Anyway, my real intention in posting right now is there's something bothering me.I've been starting my english lesson for one week all by myself, i have done this by thinking it or should i say translate it on my mind.But im not sure if my translation is correct.Like when i was going to text my friend regarding my bag where i had left yesterday.So i want to text her by using english but i wasn't able to do that because i was afraid that my sentence was wrong. If i was able to do that my sentence would be like this " can i ask you a favor? i just left my bag under mr. rommel's table.please take care of it and place it at ledda's place. thank you"is that wrong?
    thank you in advance.
    mineya

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: Please help me!

"Can I ask you a favor? I just left my bag under Mr Rommel's table. Please take care of it and put it at Ledda's place. Thank you."
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by Ledda's place- do you mean her home? If so, then I'd say 'drop it off at Ledda's place'. If you mean her lcker or something, then I'd use 'in'. I have changed the letters to capitals, but there's no need when texting someone. Translating is something we all do, but as you become more confident, try to move away from it- translation will often lead to unnatural phrasing. Welcome.

thank you tdol! can i ask some questions again? are my sentences right? i thought some of them were incorrect?
    and from what you've suggested if im not going to translate our own language what else can i do to come up with an english sentences?

thank you for giving my post an importance.

have a nice day!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

There are some mistakes, but I was concentrating on the question you asked, rather than going through thw whole post. However, I had no trouble understanding it, which is the most imortant.

may i know them so that i can use them in my study,please!

thanks again.your response will help me a lot..