• Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

Question Proofreading

Good evening ;)

I am a member of Ifrit, a Polish modder group. The main purpose of establishing our team over four years ago was creating fan-made modifications for RPG games. We don’t receive any money for it, we work non-profit. Our group has at present 34 members.

The Crossroads is our biggest adventure. Here you can watch the trailer -> The Crossroads Teaser - YouTube

The process of creating the game lasted for about three years. The adventure has already been translated into English (95% are dialogues) by several of our members. And here is my question – is there anyone who could proofread our translations? Although we have five translators in the group, we are not able to find every mistakes that have crept into the translations. We would be extremely grateful if a native speaker helped us.

Best wishes,
    Flubber
    Last edited by Flubber; 27-Sep-2012 at 21:33.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Proofreading

Quote Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
    Good evening ;)

I am a member of Ifrit, a Polish modder group. The main purpose of establishing our team over four years ago was creating fan-made modifications for RPG games. We don’t receive any money for it, we work non-profit. Our group has at present 34 members.

The Crossroads is our biggest adventure. Here you can watch the trailer -> The Crossroads Teaser - YouTube

The process of creating the game lasted for about three years. The adventure has already been translated into English (95% are dialogues) by several of our members. And here is my question – is there anyone who could proofread our translations? Although we have five translators in the group, we are not able to find every mistakes that have crept into the translations. We would be extremely grateful if a native speaker helped us.

Best wishes,
    Flubber
    I'm not sure what you want. Are you asking us to proofread the piece you posted? Or are you looking for a paid proofreader for your translations?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

No, I am writing on behalf of Ifrit - the team described in the first post. We're seeking someone who can proofread our translations of the adventure's dialogues.

We've created our own game (trailer is also in the first post) and published it for free on our site. Now we want to publish an update with the English version, because very many people don't understand Polish and want to play it too.

We just want someone kind to proofread what we wrote :)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

Well... Could we receive help?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
    Well... Could we receive help?
    You could post it in the Editing and Writing Topics forum on this site. Somebody might help you, I suspect it will depend on how much there is. All the contributors to this site are unpaid volunteers and answer questions that interest them.