Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. Mak_786's Avatar
    Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Sep 2012
    • Posts: 30
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    Post Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    Respected Sir please fix grammar problems in this quote. the theory was Yesterday , the theory still is today, and will be tomorrow, the world stands on the strength of principles, theories will end the day, the world will end

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,278
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    Quote Originally Posted by Mak_786 View Post
    Respected Sir please fix grammar problems in this quote. the theory was Yesterday , the theory still is today, and will be tomorrow, the world stands on the strength of principles, theories will end the day, the world will end
    It's not possible to "fix" it. I don't understand what it is supposed to mean.

  3. Chicken Sandwich's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Netherlands

    • Join Date: Jun 2010
    • Posts: 1,458
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    NOT A TEACHER

    Quote Originally Posted by Mak_786 View Post
    Respected Sir please fix grammar problems in this quote. the theory was Yesterday , the theory still is today, and will be tomorrow, the world stands on the strength of principles, theories will end the day, the world will end
    Mak_786, note that there are a number of excellent female teachers and non-teachers in this forum, and therefore it would not be wise to start your posts with "Respected sir."

    Also, please remember the following standards of written English:

    - Start every new sentence with a capital letter.
    - End every sentence with the relevant punctuation mark (full stop, question mark, exclamation mark).
    - Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
    - Put a space after full stop, comma, question mark, exclamation mark, colon, semi-colon etc.

    (Courtesy of emsr2d2.)

  4. Mak_786's Avatar
    Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Sep 2012
    • Posts: 30
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    Ohh, I'm sorry for saying that.This is my first visit on this site, I'm really sorry for happen this things. My quote means is like that. The world stand based on humanity principles to yesterday today and will be tomorrow. If humanity lost strength of principles than the world nearly to end. can anyone here understand to hindi language??? this way easy to understand my quotation. If it's possible. but as per my think- this site not aloud hindi language. {_The world stands on the strength of principles. if principles end, the world will end_} thanks for feedback. keep swinging

  5. Barb_D's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Mar 2007
    • Posts: 18,885
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    Do you mean something like "The world will continue only as long as we maintain our humanity"?
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 28-Sep-2012 at 19:14.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

  6. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,278
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    Quote Originally Posted by Mak_786 View Post
    Ohh, I'm sorry for saying that.This is my first visit on this site, I'm really sorry for happen this things. My quote means is like that. The world stand based on humanity principles to yesterday today and will be tomorrow. If humanity lost strength of principles than the world nearly to end. can anyone here understand to hindi language??? this way easy to understand my quotation. If it's possible. but as per my think- this site not aloud hindi language. {_The world stands on the strength of principles. if principles end, the world will end_} thanks for feedback. keep swinging
    You could post it in Hindi here: https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/other-languages/ there may be somebody who can help. I know a little Hindi but I doubt I understand enough to be of much use.

    PS. Please post it in Roman script, not Devangri.
    Last edited by bhaisahab; 28-Sep-2012 at 19:31. Reason: add PS

  7. Mak_786's Avatar
    Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Sep 2012
    • Posts: 30
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    Do you mean something like "The world will continue only as long as we maintain our humanity"?
    No.! My means is that: For human or humanity>>yesterday strength of principles main basis., today strength of principles main basis . and will be tomorrow strength of principles main basis.The world stands on the strength of principles. if principles end, the world will end. if we lost our culture. our values of life than one day this world died shortly.

  8. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 34,265
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8

    Re: Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    Quote Originally Posted by Mak_786 View Post
    No.! My means is that: For human or humanity>>yesterday strength of principles main basis., today strength of principles main basis . and will be tomorrow strength of principles main basis.The world stands on the strength of principles. if principles end, the world will end. if we lost our culture. our values of life than one day this world died shortly.
    I think you will need to post this in the Other Languages section to get someone to attempt a direct translation. I'm afraid that what you have posted here is even more confusing than your first post.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  9. Mak_786's Avatar
    Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Sep 2012
    • Posts: 30
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #9

    Re: Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    Hello@BhaiSahab I think, its easy understand to you. what i want to say. Siddhant kal bhi the. Siddhant aaj bhi hain. Aur kal bhi rahenge. Jis din siddhantk hatam ho jayenge. Duniya Khatam Ho Jayagi. Keep swinging take care @bhaisahab

  10. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,278
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #10

    Re: Dear Respected All Please Check Grammar

    Quote Originally Posted by Mak_786 View Post
    Hello@BhaiSahab I think, its easy understand to you. what i want to say. Siddhant kal bhi the. Siddhant aaj bhi hain. Aur kal bhi rahenge. Jis din siddhantk hatam ho jayenge. Duniya Khatam Ho Jayagi. Keep swinging take care @bhaisahab
    The problem is I don't understand "Siddhant". You should post it where I suggested, in Other Languages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [General] Dear teacher: Please check my cover letter
    By ziahouse in forum Letter Writing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-Sep-2011, 13:31
  2. Dear Teachers, Please help me with Grammar.
    By asad hussain in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-Sep-2007, 22:56
  3. respectable and respected
    By jiang in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-Apr-2007, 09:02
  4. Respected all
    By hitesh_28757 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-Jan-2007, 05:54
  5. YOU, the respected form
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-Jul-2004, 23:50

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •