• French
      • Home Country:
      • Belgium
      • Current Location:
      • Belgium

• Post Thanks / Like

Red face Help English transcription

Dear all,

I'm an English teacher in Belgium and would like to work on the youtube video entitiled Oregon Trail 2 Introduction Cinematic (1996, MECC)

with my pupils.

I've transcribed the text but there are information that I don't understand. Could a native english help me to fill the gaps?

The USA in the mid-1800

Ours is a large nation, a young nation for the restless forward looking people.
    As the population growths and our borders expand, thousands are looking west to build better life for themselves and their family. From all over the country, people *******_____________________are selling everything they own, loading their remaining possessions into small covered wagons, leaving friends and relatives behind.

They are heading out across the plain to Oregon, California and other points west ___________ trails _______________ by those who have gone before.

Along the way they explored a vast landscape of North America. Theyíve seen amazing sites and encountered fascinating people, including those who have called this land ďtheir homeĒ for thousands of years.

Itís not an easy journey! Itís long and hard, _______________ with challenge and danger, disease, deserts, Ö_____________________rivers. Many do not succeed. For those who do, the rewards are great. Adventure on the trail! And opportunity at the end (?). New life in a new land.

Well are you ready? Come on! Letís go!

Many thanks for your precious help!

Sophie

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Netherlands

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help English transcription

NOT A TEACHER

From all over the country, people from all walks of life are selling everything they own, loading their remaining possessions into small covered wagons, leaving friends and relatives behind.

They are heading out across the plain to Oregon, California and other points west following trails blazed by those who have gone before.

It’s not an easy journey! It’s long and hard, fraught with challenge and danger, disease, deserts, .... (I don't know what he's saying here), steep hills, treacherous rivers. Many do not succeed. For those who do, the rewards are great. Adventure on the trail! And opportunity at its end. New life in a new land.
    Last edited by Chicken Sandwich; 29-Sep-2012 at 10:31.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Belgium
      • Current Location:
      • Belgium

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help English transcription

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Sandwich View Post
    NOT A TEACHER

From all over the country, people from all walks of life are selling everything they own, loading their remaining possessions into small covered wagons, leaving friends and relatives behind.

They are heading out across the plain to Oregon, California and other points west following trails blazed by those who have gone before.

Itís not an easy journey! Itís long and hard, fraught with challenge and danger, disease, deserts, .... (I don't know what he's saying here), steep hills, treacherous rivers. Many do not succeed. For those who do, the rewards are great. Adventure on the trail! And opportunity at its end. New life in a new land.

Many thanks for your help Chicken Sandwich