Student or Learner
I have just seen this question in the forum.
What is it that made you angry?
Can anyone help me point out what information that you can get from this question?
Why it isn't one of the following sentences?
1) What is it that make you angry?
2) What was it that made you angry?
But in this case it is only a sentence in this thread:
and it have no context.
Can you give me the situations in which I can use one of the following sentence:
1) What is it that made you angry?
2) What is it that make you angry?
3) What was it that made you angry?
I think that in the third sentence it is a reported speech and all actions such as "asking" and "made angry" happened in the past.
But I can't think about a situation in which the first and second sentence can be used. Hope you can understand what I mean.