Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I seem to be leaning toward sentence structuring. I look at a sentence and if that sentence makes logical syntactical sense I allow it. I understand what I believe is right might not be right for someone else. How many ways are there to explain you're way of writing is different than someone else's? Is there a goal in writing like expressing a thought idea point or just to be informative? pljames

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How many ways are there to explain you're way of writing is different than someone else's?
An infinite number

Is there a goal in writing like expressing a thought idea point or just to be informative?
pljames

Of COURSE there should be a goal in writing. What is the point, otherwise? Inform, persuade, amuse/entertain, argue, educate, etc. You should never start the process of writing without knowing what you hope to accomplish by putting your time into creating those words!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Language is about meaning first and foremost. It depends on what you're writing, but in creative writing, there's plenty of scope for writing unorthodox sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.