Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello,

I would like to know whether the structure of this sentence is correct, and whether we can enhance it somehow:

An important feature (or aspect) in our project is the provision of auditing separately from the development.

Please notice that I place an adverb as a modifier for the expression "the provision of auditing". Is that ok?

Thanks.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would use "the separate provision" somehow, or "... is the provision of auditing, separate from development". I would also say "An important feature of our project ..."

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello,

Thanks emsr2d2 for your reply.

1- If I use "the separate provision of auditing", can I say:
An important feature of our project is the separate provision of auditing from the development?
It seems to me that the word "from" lies a bit far from "separate".

2- If I use "separate from development", I am wondering why you didn't write "separately from development".
separate is an adjective, and separately is an adverb.

3- Why did you write "from development" not "from the development". When would the noun be written without the article "the", and when with it?

Thanks

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello,

Thanks emsr2d2 for your reply.

1- If I use "the separate provision of auditing", can I say:
An important feature of our project is the separate provision of auditing from the development?
It seems to me that the word "from" lies a bit far from "separate".

2- If I use "separate from development", I am wondering why you didn't write "separately from development".
separate is an adjective, and separately is an adverb.

3- Why did you write "from development" not "from the development". When would the noun be written without the article "the", and when with it?

Thanks

Any response to this post?

Status
Not open for further replies.