It asks me more of a palyer than simply fast reflexes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlike

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi
The text is about a mother who is concerned about his son being addicted to computer games.
"Mum, is Sim City a creative game?" and when I agree that it probably is, as it asks more of a player than simply fast reflexes, he immediately demands to play it on a computer-free day.

I can't get the underlined part. Could you kindly help me? Does it mean that her son doesn't pretend it and really as a player he asks not just as someone who is interested in the game? Does 'it' refer to the question itself?

Thanks a million.

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Hi
The text is about a mother who is concerned about his son being addicted to computer games.
"Mum, is Sim City a creative game?" and when I agree that it probably is, as it asks more of a player than simply fast reflexes, he immediately demands to play it on a computer-free day.

NOT A TEACHER

I don't understand your intepretation, but here's what it means to me. There are mindless video games that only require fast reflexes, but SimCity apparently demands more of a player: not only does one need fast reflexes, one also needs to be creative and so on. "It" refers to the game, in this case SimCity.

Last edited:

moonlike

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

NOT A TEACHER

I don't understand your intepretation, but here's what it means to me. There are mindless video games that only require fast reflexes, but SimCity apparently demands more of a player: not only does one need fast reflexes, one also needs to be creative and so on. "It" refers to the game, in this case SimCity.

Thanks a lot chicken sandwich. You're completely right. You did help me a lot. My interpretation was completely out of this world :lol:.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Status
Not open for further replies.