Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Ghana
Current Location
Ghana
MOTIVATION LETTER
Iam tendering this letter as evidence of my interest in the MSc Urban Managementand Development with specialization in Urban Land Development schedule to startin 2013 at your august institution, xxxx. Asa graduate from the xx university with a BSc in Land Economy, I possess skills andin-depth knowledge in specialized fields of Property Valuation, EstateManagement and Land Administration. I realized however that, my goal lies inthe field of Land Administration.Myinternship with the xxx arouses my interest more in the field of Land Developmentand Administration because of the numerous land related conflicts which the xxxas part of its land management faces. I stayed on voluntarily after myinternship for a formal training in land administration to acquaint with theday to day land management which echoed my desire to contribute in putting ourland resource to its highest and best use. My voluntarily period enhanced myskills in teamwork which I exhibited during field exercises as ‘rent demandexercises’ as well as my communication skills.This experience also attests of my capacityof integration and adaptation which is essential when studying in a nobleinstitution like the Institute of Housing and Urban Development, with different ideologies and culturalbackgrounds offered by its students. My current job with the xxxx which involvesundertaking valuations for various purposes enhanced my knowledge regardingland development especially with regards to compensation issues. Thehigh reputation of the university of xxx regarding urban development andmanagement especially land development would help sharpen my theoretical knowledgebased on its education and advisory models as well as my practical skills fromits evidence backed research models. It is also my desire to benefit from thepractical and professional knowledge regarding urban land development from yourpool of professional associations as the international and local alumniassociations as well as from the partnership institutions and also help in individualagainst public land use.Duringmy first degree, I researched into Estate Management Practices of PublicEducational Institutions in which I found out that the educational lands aredeveloped and managed poorly and hence the need to holistically andprofessionally manage their realties.Alsoas part of my professional development as a first year trainee professionalsurveyor of the Ghana Institution of Surveyors, I researched into ‘DevelopmentControl and Hostel Development’ and ‘Appraising the Stamp Duty Process towardsEffective Land Administration and Improved Revenue Generation’. I found out inthe former that, the hostels are developed without the acquisition of planningand building permits. This puts the life of occupiers at risk in the events offire outbreaks and diseases due to poor facilities. In the latter the study revealedthat, the stamp duty process takes unduly long period which increases cost ofprocessing land related documents. My three theses reflect my commitment to improvingon the land development system in the country.I am sure that my deep concern in landmanagement and willingness to make a progress, combined with practicalknowledge and worth of experience in land administration make me a very goodcandidate and will add diversity to this master’s degree programme.

edison kwashie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Ghana
Current Location
Ghana
please i need help with this letter of motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.