• Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

help with futur time

Hey,
    I do make an exercise with future time. And hope some one can have a look at it and correct it.

In this erxercise there were 3 possible answers and I have to pick the right ones.

1. "There's someone knocking at the door! Who can it be at this time of night?" "___ Helen. She said she might come round to watch the midnight movie on TV."
    A: That's going to be; B: That'll be; C: It's due to be.

I choose A and B

2."I've just received some new sales figures. ___ them very much, I'm afraid."
    A: You're not going to like; B: You won't like; C: You're not liking

I choose B

3. Over the next six months, the company __ ten new supermarkets in France.
    A: is going to open; B: will be opening; is opening

I choose A, B and C

4. ___ with this kind of problem before, I expect, so I'll leave you to get on with it.
    A: You are going to deal; B: You are dealing; C: You'll have dealt

I choose B and C

5. According to sources close to the prime minister's office, the foreign minister ____.
    A: is in the point of resigning; B: is due to resign; C: is about to resign

I choose B and C
    Last edited by Cinderella91; 26-Oct-2012 at 17:26. Reason: to much questions at one time

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: help with futur time

There are also too many question in this thread. Please post one question at a time.

Is this a homework assignment?

EDIT: I have taken out what I said about the number of possible correct answers. I apologise. I skimmed through this very long post and the ones I spotted only had one correct answer. However, it is true that some of them have multiple possibilities.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

In the book stand that more then one can be right, I have to choose all possible forms.
    That's not for homework assignment. That's for practicing my english skills for university next year.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella91 View Post
    In the book stand that more then one can be right, I have to choose all possible forms.
    Is there a key at the end of the book?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

no it isen't that's way I post all here, otherwise I just want to write questions, things that not clear here.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

No it there isen't isn't. That's way why I posted all here. otherwise I just want to write questions, things that are not clear here.
    May I respectfully suggest that, at the moment, instead of doing complicated exercises like the one you have posted, you concentrate on your written English. I have made corrections to your post in red. Look at them carefully. You need to concentrate on your use of capital letters and punctuation, and also your use of tenses.

You said that you are going to university next year. You need to concentrate on the basics of English before worrying about the more complicated aspects, if you are going to make yourself understood in English at university.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

I can understand english very well. I watch TV in english, read books without a problem. If it gets to writting I'm not good and I know that. But I can't get better in wirtting if I can't the grammar. That's why I make grammar exercises.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I can understand English very well. I watch TV in English and read books without a problem. If it gets When it comes to writting writing, I'm not good and I know that. But I can't get better in at wirtting writing if I can't (missing word) the grammar. That's why I make do grammar exercises.
    There is a big difference between understanding a language and reading books in that language, and writing it yourself. Clearly, you understand that. Perhaps what I should have said is that you need to be more careful. Look at the errors in this post, which I have corrected in red. They are silly unnecessary errors. I am sure you know that you must capitalise the word "English". Check your spelling carefully and make sure that you have written all necessary words. Learn the difference between "do" and "make". I am aware that "machen" is German for both words but they have very different uses in English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

I know all that. It's just unfamiliar for me to write on the PC. I make mistaks in german as well when I wirte on the PC. If I concentrat I do not make this mistakes. At least not if I wirte it on a piece of paper.
    And without offend you. I think that I know best what I have to learn at the moment. At this are the grammar things I post here in this forum.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Netherlands

no it isen't that's way I post all here, otherwise I just want to write questions, things that not clear here.
    Ok. I bought the grammar book they use at university...
    NOT A TEACHER

If you're going to study on your own, it's a good idea to buy a book with a key. If I were you, I'd start with Essential Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy, which is a highly regarded self-study reference and practice book for beginning students of English.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast