Interested in Language
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Hi,
I wonder which one is correct to say - "Full Motivation" or "Maximum Motivation"?
Is "Full Motivation" a correct phrase?

Thank you in advance!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. You will hear this a lot if you continue to use the forum - please give us some context. It's very difficult for us to say whether or not a word or a phrase has been used correctly if we don't know the context or at least the sentence that you want to use it in. If you have seen "full motivation" and "maximum motivation" used, please quote the full sentences in which you read them.

HanibalII

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi,
I wonder which one is correct to say - "Full Motivation" or "Maximum Motivation"?
Is "Full Motivation" a correct phrase?

Thank you in advance!

I believe you could use either, as they both have the same meaning. (Motivation to the highest of your ability) However word usage may differ, dependent on what sounds more natural.

thelordofweb

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Thank you very much for answers!
I would like the phrase to sounds like "Full motivation for everyone." or "Full motivation for you."

I have a domain fullmotivation.com. In a conversation between me and one person, he told me that "I appreciate that English may not be your first language, and Full Motivation is not really a term that works that well in English I'm afraid."

So I don't know what to do.

What do you think? Is it a correct phrase in English language. Is it correct name for a domain?

Thank you,
T

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You can call a website or a company anything you like. However, the person you spoke to was correct - it's not a standard recognised phrase, not in BrE at least. I would probably have gone for "Total Motivation" or maybe "Complete Motivation". "Maximum Motivation" is OK but to be honest "Full Motivation" is the least natural.

thelordofweb

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Thank you very much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.