Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello,

I hope all of you on the East Cost of the US are safe!

The following is from a news - Superstorm comfort-eating menu
(not sure if this is enough context for my question or not)

What is the meaning of 'Every meal is a Monday morning'

Thank you

Still without power at her apartment or West Chelsea studio on Wednesday, de la Rue was making up for her indulgences with a few extra workout videos streamed on her iPad.

For fellow storm binge-eaters, she suggests candlelight yoga or any sort of household cleaning that requires scrubbing. If you’re home with the kids, ask them to put on their favorite music — maybe you'll become hip to a little Carly Rae Jepsen or One Direction — and just dance around together.

Next time, Glassman said, plan ahead and make things such as low-sodium, bean-based soups, frozen vegetables, peanut butter, canned tuna and salmon, green tea and oatmeal the pantry ‘‘staples.’’

It’s not too late to get on the bandwagon now, she added: ‘‘Every meal is a Monday morning.’
dingbat_story_end_icon.gif

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have no idea. Maybe she means that, like every Monday morning starts a new week, a new opportunity arises with each meal to eat better. I really am just guessing.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That was the same idea I came up with. Monday morning can be seen as making a new start because, in most cultures, it's the start of the week. A lot of people decide that they will start a diet or at least start to eat more healthily "next week". They usually mean at the beginning of next week. So I guess this writer is saying that instead of waiting until next Monday, you can start your healthy eating plan at your next meal.

Olympian

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
@SoothingDave and @emsr2d2, thank you. I understand now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.