[Grammar] Could you fix a sentence that sounds werid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haha27

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Many countries these days suffer from a depressed economy. Thus, they emphasize that it is necessary for us to save money. It means that we can suffer from economical difficulty more if we spend money on other additional things like pets' decoration. In this way, we have to spend money on better methods due to the depressed economy.

M1na

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Many countries are suffering from another Great Depression. Therefore, they accentuate the necessity of saving money. In other words, we will suffer from economical crisis more if we spend money on unnecessary things such as luxurious make-up and dresses for pets. Due to the depressed economy, we have to spend money on more necessary materials.

Besides, it is not " werid". It should be "weird"

SlickVic9000

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
(Not a Teacher)

Here's my take:
"Many countries today are suffering from economic depression. As a result, they emphasize the need for frugality on the part of their citizens. Wasteful spending on luxuries such as make-up and dresses for pets only serve to deepen the current economic crisis. With the thrift and fiscal diligence of their citizens, they hope to pull their countries out of the abyss."

Note this does not reflect my views on the economic crisis.

haha27

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
OMG!!! You guys' writings are really great!!! ;) You guys are such so good writer. I don't know how to improve my writing skills like you guys! I am so jealous of you two!!! (; _ ;)/ Thank you for your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.