Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Steve Jobs known as an inventor and ex-CEO of Apple first invented an ipod that had lots of functions like a calling system and a music device. It was really a sensational goods, so he earned a lot of money. After that, his successive invention made people realize the important of a creative thinking. In other words, being different from others makes us successful.

I am not a native speaker but I want to improve English skill so please don't hegitage to point out my problems!! Thank you so much for your time and help in advance!

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Steve Jobs, known as an inventor and ex-CEO of Apple, first invented [STRIKE]an [/STRIKE] the ipod that had lots of functions like a calling system and a music device. It was really [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]sensational [STRIKE]goods[/STRIKE], so he earned a lot of money. After that, his successive inventions made people realize the important of [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]creative thinking. In other words, being different from others makes us successful.

The clause, "known as an inventor and ex-CEO of Apple", is extra information. The sentence could function without this clause, "Steve Jobs first invented the ipod...". When you see such a clause, set it apart from the rest of the sentence by commas. "...really a sensational goods" is not correct. You could write, "...was really a sensational product...". "...his successive invention..." means that there was only one more invention, use "inventions" to indicate that there were more than one.

I am not a native speaker but I want to improve English skills so please don't [STRIKE]hegitage [/STRIKE]hesitate to point out my problems!! Thank you so much for your time and help in advance!

leorcid

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"made people realize the important of creative thinking" should have been "made people realize the importance of creative thinking" right?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"... made people realize the important of creative thinking" should have been "... made people realize the importance of creative thinking", right?

Yes.

It's also written "iPod". Note the unusual use of lower case and upper case.

iPod
iPad
iMac
iTouch
iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.