Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello,

what is the meaning of 'as funny as a four-car garage'?

In the video SNL Spoof MSNBC Debate Coverage, a guy (sorry don't know who he is supposed to be) is describing how it was difficult for President Obama to speak in the first presidential debate which was held in Colorado because of 'altitude poisoning' and that because Obama comes from a place 'below the sea level', this place which is a mile above sea level is like being 'flown two miles straight into the air and then having to give a speech in the outer space' for him. Then the person in the studio says - 'haha, outer space, that is funny as a four-car garage'.

Thank you

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hello,

what is the meaning of 'as funny as a four-car garage'?

In the video SNL Spoof MSNBC Debate Coverage, a guy (sorry don't know who he is supposed to be) is describing how it was difficult for President Obama to speak in the debate which was held in Colorado because of the altitude and that because Obama comes from a place 'below the sea level', this place which is a mile above sea level is like being 'flown two miles straight into the air and then having to give a speech in the outer space' for him. Then the person in the studio says - 'haha, outer space, that is funny as a four-car garage'.

Thank you

It doesn't make any sense to me.

Grumpy

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think it probably means it's not funny at all.

Olympian

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
@Raymott, thank you. I understand now. Also thanks for the NYT link. :) :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.