I hope to see my mom for a longer length/ period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jit833

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
1) I hope to see my mom for a longer length/ period of time.

2) I hope I can lengthen the length of summer season.

3) I would like to seek your service in helping me to paint and clean my house. If your services are good, then I will seek your service for a longer length of time/duration next time.

4) If the teacher is good, I will see her for a longer session.

* Can I use the highligted words in the above sentences? Are these sentences written correctly? Please advise.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
1) I hope to see my mom for a longer [STRIKE]length/[/STRIKE] period of time. Or '...for a longer time', or just '...for longer.'

2) I hope I can lengthen the [STRIKE]length [/STRIKE][STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] summer season.

3) I would like to seek your service in helping me to paint and clean my house. If your services are good, then I will seek your service for a longer length of time[STRIKE]/duration[/STRIKE] next time. This is too wordy. 'I would like you to help me to paint and clean my house. If I am satisfied, you can help me for longer next time.'

4) If the teacher is good, I will see her for a longer session. OK.

* Can I use the highlighted words in the above sentences? Are these sentences written correctly?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your thanks are appreciated, Jit, but you don't need to send them in a separate post.

We are all happy to accept a simple click on the Like button as your acknowledgement of our help.

Rover:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.