Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hello, I am applying for a funded PHD Program and for that I have to write a cover letter, I have given it a try please help me to improve it.

Dear Sir/Madam:
I am applying for the XX Doctoral Program at your institution. I see this program as an opportunity for me to adopt business intelligence as a career. My long term professional goal is to turn innovative ideas into practical applications by using information technology, which could be used by decision makers. I have a firm belief that this program will enable me to achieve my goals very well.
I earned MS Computer Science Degree from XX Institute of Information Technology in 2009. The Master’s degree required me to complete 26 credit hours of taught courses and 6 credit hours of thesis work. I had the honor to be the top most student of my class. I earned a CGPA of 3.93/4.0 with weighted percentage of 91. Master’s degree provided me with the insight of evolving technologies such as semantic web, knowledge representation using ontologies and agile development methodology. I also realized that the diverse nature of modern day’s data and its exponentially growing size require new technologies other than traditional database management systems. That is why I choose to work on a technique to transform existing relational database systems into ontology and then synchronizing changes between source schema and output ontology, as my thesis project.
While working on my thesis project with Dr. XX, I developed XX- a plugin for widely used ontology editor protégé. I also published my work in an international journal and conference. I presented my papers in local conferences during my study and one of my paper won the best student paper award in 8[SUP]th[/SUP] XX held at XX in 2008.
After completing my MS degree, I had an opportunity to work as a XX in a state owned agency. This job provided me an opportunity to travel to USA and Australia. These international tours widened my knowledge base and further strengthened my relationship with computers and communication. These international trainings also enabled me to work in a multicultural environment. At job, I have been involved in establishing a digital data analysis facility from scratch. This process has developed managerial traits and leadership skills in me. I am presently managing a team of 10 people in my department.
There are four key reasons I want to be part of this doctoral program. First, a joint degree from two different universities and traveling for study will widen my exposure and extend my knowledge base. Second, given the fact that exponential growth in size of data and its diverse nature, business intelligence has become a need of the time and pursuing a career in this domain has bright prospects in future. Third, I have already studied semantics and their translation into models in my MS; therefore, this surly would help me a lot in pursuing this degree. And last, I wish to be a part of team which is striving for innovation and development of a novel technology.
Thank you for your attention and consideration. I look forward to your acceptance.
Yours Sincerely

waqasAhmed

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
130 views and no reply! anybody please ....

Status
Not open for further replies.