Hi there, here I go again with new doubts. By the way thanks a lot to Woodhouse and tdol for your fast replies.
The doubts are as follows:
- "lameduck" does that mean flirt or fall for someone?
- gush in expression "When I was gushing about her dress..."
- He didn`t realize I was guying the whole idea" What does "guy" stand for in this phrase.
- Turn into a bitchy ginny misery like her. I`m interested in the meaning of ginny in this case.
- frilly (frilly ideas about life)
- fey woman
- snarl at, e.g. They argued and snarled at each other.
- telly, what kind of electronic gear is that one? "Listen to trash on the telly".
Thanks a lot tdol.
But lameduck must mean something else. Lately I`ve seen it various times used as a verb e.g. I was lameducking Donald last summer (to say the truth the first thing I thought when I read that sentence was Disney cartoons about Donald Duck "lameducking Donald"). I can`t really work out the meaning of it.
Another word I`d like to know the meaning of is "phoney" I think it means pretentious, with prejudice or something like that.
I`ve finished the book - John Fowles "The collector". Very interesting to my point of view. If you like a good novel with original plot I highly recommend this one.