• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

chatterbox

I think synomyms for "chatterbox" are "talkative person", "big mouth", etc. What else can you tell me?
    But I think "bigmouth" is kind of different, meaning "tending to reveal a secret easily". What do you think?
    ji11)Long ago, there was a king who was a chatterbox. Once he started to talk, no one else could get a world in.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: chatterbox

I think synomyms for "chatterbox" are "talkative person", "big mouth", etc. What else can you tell me?
    But I think "bigmouth" is kind of different, meaning "tending to reveal a secret easily". What do you think?
    ji11)Long ago, there was a king who was a chatterbox. Once he started to talk, no one else could get a word in.

A chatterbox is, as you say, a very talkative person. It's commonly used to describe children: "My five-year-old niece is a real little chatterbox these days". The tone is often positive and suggests that the child has a lively and engaging nature, although the parents of chatterboxes may not quite see it that way. However, a chatterbox of any age frequently chatters on far too much about trivial matters.
    ... "bigmouth" normally means either indiscreet, or boastful.

not a teacher