Other
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
can someone correct please?
" Remakes are actually quite popular, once the studios can make money based on classic films. Successes of the last decades are always a good choice. But sometimes they change a lot the original story. One example of this case is "Beauty and the beast".
Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot's classc novel "Beauty and the beast", was originally written as a play, and when was filmed for the first time the studios has preserved the original structure.
In contrast Walt Disney's remake is different from the original. The script had a "new face" and has became a musical. Sound effects was used by director. Remakes usually use and abuse of technology, and the Walt Disney's version either.
Both films are good, but the original has the magic of the story while the remake has the beautiful appearance. Watching them I could see a lot of differences and analysing each one I still prefer the first even it has been made fifty years ago.
Personally I like both, but I prefer the original, maybe if Walt Disney had preserved as a play instead of turning a musical the remake could be much better than the original. Sometimes the classics are forever. "

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
can someone correct please?
" Remakes are actually quite popular, once the studios can make money based on classic films. Successes of [STRIKE]the last [/STRIKE] previous decades are always a good choice. But sometimes they change [STRIKE]a lot [/STRIKE] significantly the original story. One example of this [STRIKE]case[/STRIKE] is "Beauty and the Beast".

Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot's classc novel "Beauty and the beast", was originally written as a play, and when ("it was filmed" OR "filmed") for the first time, the studios [STRIKE]has [/STRIKE]preserved the original structure.

In contrast, Walt Disney's remake is different from the original. The script had a "new face" and has become a musical. Sound effects [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] were used by the director. Remakes usually use and abuse[STRIKE] of [/STRIKE]technology, and the Walt Disney's version [STRIKE]either[/STRIKE] did also (OR "did too").

Both films are good, but the original has the magic of the story while the remake [STRIKE]has the beautiful appearance [/STRIKE] has tremendous visual appeal. Watching them I could see a lot of differences and analysing each one I still prefer the first, even if it [STRIKE]has been [/STRIKE] was made fifty years ago.

Personally, I like both, but I prefer the original. Maybe if Walt Disney had preserved it as a play instead of turning it into a musical, the remake [STRIKE]could be [/STRIKE] could have been much better than the original. Sometimes the classics are forever (great final statement:up:). "

Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.