Dear teachers,

What do you call the English construction where a plural noun and verb are followed by a singular noun such as “they have been a great help to me these/the (?) last few days.”
Is this only possible when the indefinite article is followed by an adjective or not necessarily?
Would you please give more examples of the kind with countable and uncountable singular nouns?

Thank you for your help.