Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
1.I don't know if you are familiar with my grammar terms, but anyway we Koreans classify this composition either to "emphatic usage" or "true-subject/false-subject". Which do you think it is between a and b?

a.For this competition to occur on the playing field) is (in the best interest of professional sports. not in the marketplace.) : true-subject/false-subject : "It" in the original sentence replaces "for this...to occur", which is the true subject.
b. For this competition to occur on the playing field in the best interest of professional sports. not in the marketplace. : emphatic usage - I think this is unlikely.

mo3-31)The essence of sports is competition. However, it is in the best interest of professional sports clubs for this competition to occur on the playing field, not in the marketplace. The reason is easily observable. Imagine that sports clubs competed for fans in purely competitive markets. The more successful clubs would sell more tickets and would naturally earn higher profits, which would allow these clubs to attract the best players through higher salaries. Over time, these club swould become so much stronger than the less...

Last edited:

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Sorry, I reduced the amount of the questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.